Posted by Umm Abdurahman | 13 Comments
In Part 4 of our ‘Teach Your Child to Read Arabic’ series we will be using a special book to demonstrate how to teach your child the harakaat, their sounds, and how to blend them together with the Arabic letters. Because this book is not widely available we have tried to recreate it as best as we can and make it available for download so that your children can benefit. You can download the template for the book from here titled Arabic flipbook, and all you need to do is print it out and put it together. Below are instructions on how to assemble the book. This may also be a fun activity for the kids to help with as well.
- Print out all the pages onto thick A4 card.
- Take two pages that have the same letters on them, place them side by side.
3. On the page with the single letters, use a craft knife and a ruler to cut around the three sides of the boxes surrounding each letter.
4. Use a ruler to bend the flap one way, then turn the page upside down and bend it in the other direction.
5. stick the top page (with the single letter) onto the corresponding page with the harakaat.
6. Repeat the previous steps for all the remaining letters.
If you can have the pages bound into a book this would be ideal. Insha’Allah in the coming days we will demonstrate how we use this book in Part 4 of our “Teach Your Child to Read Arabic” series on our YouTube page.