Posted by Umm Abdurahman | No Comments yet
After a really easy day, we decided to bake some pizza for dinner. The kids love playing with pizza dough more than play dough or anything else for that matter. They love kneading the dough for hours on end, rolling it into different shapes, and pretend to make all sorts of things with it, from bread, to croissants, to pizza, to cinnamon rolls. I often make extra dough whenever I am baking pizza just so that I can give them each a ball of dough to play with , and it sure keeps them busy and entertained. I much prefer it over play dough for the simple reason that I know what went into it and have no fears about anyone trying to swallow anything. It is much healthier for them, and is so much easier to clean up. So here is our recipe for the pizza base:
2 tsps. of yeast
½ tsp. of brown sugar
1 cup of warm water
2 ½ cups of flour
¼ tsp. of salt
2 tbsps. olive oil
1. Put the yeast and sugar into a bowl then add the warm water, give it a little stir and let it sit for 10 minutes or so until frothy.
2. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C
3. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, salt, olive oil, and yeast mixture. Mix it up and knead until the dough is soft and not sticky. You may need to add more flour or water.
4. Spread out the dough on a pan fairly thin.
5. Bake for 7 minutes then take out the oven and allow to cool a little.
6. Top as desired and return to the oven for around 25 minutes. I made the dough and split it into three balls, one for Abdurahman, one for Nuh, and one for Ummi and Abi. This made one big pizza and two smaller ones. They spread out the dough onto their pans.
Then after pre-baking their pizza doughs, they put on their toppings
Nuh’s pizza before baking
Abdurahman’s pizza once it came out of the oven, looks good enough to eat, don’t you think?