Posted by Umm Abdurahman | No Comments yet
We have all been feeling a little under the weather the past few days and as a result have had some easy days. One thing the kids love to do recently is spend time in the kitchen and I thought baking would be a good activity for them. It just so happened that we had a bunch of bananas that were overripe and needed to be used up so I thought what better way to use them than to make some banana muffins for breakfast. It is an easy recipe, and doesn’t take much time.
This recipe is for a loaf of banana bread, but we decided to make them into muffins. To begin with Abdurahman read the ingredient list to me and we went through what the different things were. So here it is:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees Celsius). Lightly grease the pan that you will use (9×5 inch loaf pan or your muffin pan).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl cream together the butter and brown sugar. Then stir in the eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and once it is well incorporated pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes (for a loaf, it is considerably less for muffins), until a toothpick inserted into centre of the loaf comes out clean.
We normally slice them across the middle and eat them with jam but you can have them with just about anything. Happy baking!